Monday, October 12, 2009

Sue and I returned from a brief but very needed photo trip to Utah and Arizona. Upon our return we found a blog entry sent by our son Brady. I was so taken by the artist that I wanted everyone to have a chance to see her work. The best I could do was to send it along to each of you.

I will get back to my own images shortly.

Enjoy!!!


Sunday, September 27, 2009

The World's Got Talent

Here is the impressive Kseniya Simonova from Ukraine's Got Talent... If they did a global competition, I suspect she'd crush the Western dancers...

She paints with sand, and tells the story of the impact of WWII on Ukraine (hard for us to comprehend - one in four Ukrainians died). This is what I gleaned from the comments. The sand painting starts in 1941. A young couple's love is interrupted by Germany's attack on the Soviet Union, and the man goes off to fight. She has his baby while waiting for him to return, but eventually she receives a letter about his death. The obelisk with a star on the top is a memorial to all people from the Soviet Union who died in this war. The writing at the end of the story reads,"You are always with us." And for you heavy metal buffs, the music concludes with an adaptation of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters.


Note: the second button for the right on the bottom let's you view the video in full-screen.

No comments: